The Canadian women’s sitting volleyball team confirmed its place at the Paris Paralympic Games by winning its semifinal match at the World Championships in Cairo, Egypt, on Friday.
The Canadians won 25:13, 25:17 and 25:23 against the Germans.
We’re heading to Paris and I couldn’t be prouder,” said head coach Nicole Ban. We focused on the process, we believed in this group and we trusted each other despite the odds. We achieved our goal of qualifying and have another gold medal game ahead of us against China.
The Canadians are undefeated in this tournament so far. They will look to continue their flawless journey in the final on Saturday.
At the last Paralympic Games in Tokyo, Canada lost to Brazil in the bronze medal game. The USA won the competition, followed by China.
- Julie Kozun, Melfort, Sask.
- Danielle Ellis, White Rock, BC
- Jennifer Oakes, Calgary, Alta.
- Angela Dolezar, St. Albert, Alta.
- Anne Fergusson, Carleton Place, Ontario.
- Jolan Wong, Vermilion, Alta.
- Sarah Melenka, Vegreville, Alta.
- Jayme Lynne Lepp, Vancouver, BC
- Heidi Peters, Netherlands, Alb.
- Katelyn Wright, Edmonton, Alta.
- Felicia Voss-Shafiq, Burnaby, BC
- Jennifer McCreesh, Smithers, B.C
- Allison Lang, Edmonton, Alta.
Avid beer trailblazer. Friendly student. Tv geek. Coffee junkie. Total writer. Hipster-friendly internet practitioner. Pop culture fanatic.